Uta Uta: Kang Ta + Vaness Wu - Scandal
Uta Uta: Buck-Tick : Snow White
This is badass. That is all.
Oh, and new layout coming soon~
Uta Uta: Ken Hirai - Fake Star
I cooked today. And this is what perfection looks like.
It's been a while since I've blogged. Not much has really happened...I've been working on my comic, although bouts of laziness and lack of creativity have kicked in several times. What's important is that I'm back in the game, and I hope to get the first chapter finished very soon.
In other news, I had my comeback show last thursday with the band. and it sucked. The venue reminded me of some old guy's basement that he fixed up to look like a bar, so the atmosphere wasn't really for the music we were about to play. There was no stage, just a spot where they moved tables so we could play. There was also a spotlight on us, which was nice...had it been on when we played. They opted to use a cheap strobe light that impeded my playing since I couldn't see my bass at all. And to make matters worse, there were two guys in the front, literally in front of us, just chatting and altogether not paying attention to us. I understand you can't win everyone over, but at least take your loud conversation to the back of the bar, I think it's highly inconsiderate to talk when someone's trying to entertain you. So yeah, it sucked.
Anything else? Eh, not really. I've been cooking lately and so far it's awesome food one after the other. I'm very proud of myself, since I've never really taken the time to actually cook. Maybe I'll get to show off my skills to you guys some day...who knows!!!
Uta Uta: Renter en Soi - The Bottom of Chaos
So I've been trying my tablet out, and I decided to color in a picture using my newfound skills. Here's the original, a work by Toki that I inked in, and then here's the coloring that I did to it. I think it looks good, eh?
I'm so gonna kick my comic in the ass.
Did I ever get drunk last night.
It was Jun's birthday bbq yesterday, and after work I came home, got dressed, took Toki and drove over to Princeton to her boyfriend's, Sweet, parents house.
Let me tell you, I had no idea beautiful houses existed in New Jersey. Their house was like a mini plantation; I knew it was crazy when I saw what was dubbed the emperor room. Sweet's father had gone to China (they're Chinese), and returned with these intricate Chinese statues, furniture, and of all things, a funeral table. Yes, those tables you see in asian movies where they place the deceased and people pray over them. Why he had it? No idea. Was it awesome? Yes.
So a lot of drinking ensued. I remember everything that happened though, so I'm not a total drunk that I blacked out or anything. I remember my conversations, and making peace with whoever I haven't agreed with lately. Yeah, it was a big day for me.
And then I threw up. Well, not quite like that. We mixed a lot of drinks, the final being tequila, and there and then I knew I wasn't meant for it. We were outside talking when suddenly I felt it lump up in my throat. Toki escorted me to the bathroom, but at that point it was too late. Before making it into the kitchen, it let out, and let out with a fury of a thousand suns. It was a disgusting mess, so much so that people left the room so they wouldn't throw up. I was then taken into the bathroom where I tossed up some more, getting a spectator every once in a while.
There goes my track record.
I'm never drinking that much again. Or, I need to eat at least more than two drumsticks of chicken and a hamburger. That probably didn't help the situation either.
Otakon was sweet; I took pictures but I haven't posted them up yet. Sadly, many of them came out blurry. I figured there would be enough natural light at the con, but I was wrong. In any case, it was a lot of fun to be with everybody and I can't wait to do it again.
I also finished reworking my 2nd chapter, and I can finally move ahead and work on my 4th. There are a couple of panels in the 3rd chapter I want to redo, only because they never really agreed with me. I have this new paper to draw on: smudge proof, it's got a shine to it so you can see better than most paper, and it comes out clean. I'm in love with this paper, and it only cost me $9. When I get more money, I'm definitely getting more.
Only 5 chapters and I'll have my first volume, people. Are you excited? I know I am.
Uta Uta: Nothing
And still going strong~
So my Pumpkin and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary today...sort of. Being that she wasn't feeling well, we nixed our plans for the day and stayed home while I took care of her.
'Coz I'm, you know, an awesome boyfriend.
To commemorate this day, I shall now do a 50 question survey. It's been a while.
1) What's their name? Toki
2) Does he/she have a girlfriend/boyfriend? Um, yeah. This is what the quiz is about.
3) Would you go to Disneyland with them? I would. Then again, I'd go with anyone who had the time and money. I'm a whore, sue me.
4) How old were you when you first met? Let's see...19
5) Has he/she ever tried to hump your leg? I think once, only because she was making fun of the fact that I have probably done it at some time or another. Heh.
6) Is this person older than you? Yeah, by like a billion years. Or, you know, only 2.
7) When's the last time you saw this person? She's behind me right now. Creepy, right?
8) When's the last time you talked to this person on the phone? I think last friday, though we text each other a lot.
9) Are you related to this person? Yeah, we're brothers. Except she's a girl, and I'm a guy. And we're dating. And sexing it up. And we're not related. Oh wait, so then no.
10) Are you this person's bf/gf? Last time I checked...maybe. She's very fussy.
11) Do you have a nickname for each other? She's my pumpkin and my cheesecake~ She used to be my Cornball, but that's an old, old nickname. I call her Tofu Bunny from time to time.
12) Do you have pics of this person on your site? Uh...no, actually. Maybe from an older layout.
13) How many times do you talk to this person in a week? I try to distance myself from her, she's very talkative and it gets pretty annoying.
14) Do you think they will repost this? No! Wait, she actually did this before me...still, no.
15) Could you live with this person? Jesus Christ, no. She's wait too high maintenance.
16) Why is this person your boyfriend/girlfriend/bestfriend? She couldn't take not being with me, so after months of begging I finally gave in and let her have a shot at the ol' Tai-tasm. Ooh, yeah...
Seriously, she's my everything because she puts up with my craziness, and she loves me with everything she has. A lot of people can say that and they end up getting shit dumped on them, but anyone who's ever seen her knows I speak the truth.
17) Have you seen this person cry? Nope. Bitch is like the Terminator. But yeah, I have and it sucks.
18) Do you know this persons middle name? It's Alexandria, which I think is the coolest middle name ever. I wish I had that middle name, it's so cool.
19) Have you ever been to the mall with this person? Take out ol' Quasimodo? In public? I don't think so. I have some dignity, please...
20) Have you ever had a sleepover with this person? Yeah, and we order pizza and stay up doing each other's hair and makeup.
Well, sometimes we order pizza. Other days, we have sex.
21) If you ever moved away would you miss this person? Yes. More than I ever thought I could with someone.
22) Have you ever gave this person something? The clap. I kid!!! I've given her plenty of things; some material, some emotional, some too graphic to put up here, heh heh...
23) Have you ever done something really stupid or illegal? Now if we ever did anything stupid or illegal, do you really believe we'd put it up here? It's not like we ever got caught shoplifting together or anything, but yeah, we have done some stupid things. We're human, get over it.
24) Do you know everything about this person? Yup, I know her like my favorite book. If I had one.
25) Does this person have a job? Yeah and she hates it.
27) Do you think you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/bestfriend will be close ? No, I mean 3 years and she's still like a cold fish.
28) Have you ever made something with this person? An album dating every murder we've ever done together.
29) Have you ever took pictures with this person? Vampires don't show up on film >F
30) Have you and your boyfriend/girlfriend/bestfriend fought before? Oh yeah, and I've busted her up pretty good. Serves her right for going against her man's commands.
31) Is your boyfriend/girlfriend/bestfriend on drugs? She's on the pill. We don't want no babies.
32) does your boyfriend/girlfriend/bestfriend drink? Yeah, and then she throws up. Lightweight.
33) Whats your boyfriend/girlfriend/bestfriends favorite food? Pizza, snapple, hamburgers made on the george forman grill. Shits are sweet.
34) Have you and your bf/ gf made up a hand shake? And let you in on it? Yeah, okay..
36) Have you ever seen this person dance? Yeah and it's cute. Like putting a little kid in big shoes.
37) Have you ever heard this person sing? Yes and it's super cute~
38) Do you and this person have a certain saying? Yeah, your mom is ugly.
39) Do you know this persons facebook password? Yeah, facebook sucks.
40) Do you know who this person likes or who she or he is going out with? If I did, she'd be gettin beat and whoever she's crushin on would be dead.
41) Have you and this person ever lied FOR each other? All the time. But I'm just a liar period.
42) Does this person go on the computer often? You'd be amazed at the amount of porn she has on this machine. I think she has a problem.
43) Have you and this person gone clubbing? Not together, no. What she don't know won't hurt her >D
44) Do you know how to make this person feel happy? All the time, it's hard not to be happy around me.
45) Do you talk to this person a lot? Like I said before, distancing...
46) Have you licked this person? Yeah. And it was fun.
47) Has this person yelled at you? Yeah and over some stupid shit my brother did. Jerk.
48) Have you and this person got into a fist fight? I smack her around from time to time. There's been plenty of occasions where she had to ice up some "accidents".
49) do you know how much this person weighs ? ...I think I do. She's weighing in at 300 lbs. now. I love 'em big.
50) do you love this person? If I have to answer this you obviously haven't been paying attention to this post.
I love you, cutie~
Uta Uta: 12012 - Heart
My picture with 12012. I fit in, don't I?
So Otakon's a week away and I'm super excited for it. After going to AnimeNEXT, it got my geek juices flowing and now I can't wait to make it to Baltimore~ Speaking of geek juices, I'm really upset that the final Harry Potter book's coming out the day I'll be at Otakon. With the popularity behind the book and all, I doubt I'm gonna be able to just waltz into a barnes and noble and just buy a copy. Needless to say, I'm sad.
I'll give it a shot, however, and go to the B&N they have near the con and see what I can do. Never hurts to try, right?
Uta Uta: Miyavi - Hatachi Kinenbi
To everyone that said happy birthday to me yesterday, thank you so much. You guys are the best and I can't wait to groove with you all later.
To those who didn't...well, you suck anyway.
I went to the 12012 concert last night, and it was so incredibly awesome. What an amazing show~ Gotta go!
Uta Uta: Miyavi - Are you ready to LOVE!
My birthday's on Friday. I haven't made much mention of it because I wanted to say so on a new layout.
Only, you know...I didn't get to that until just today. Oopsies.
So yes, what I want for my birthday iiiiiis....
Tsubasa RESERvoir Chronicles, volumes 9 to whatever the hell they're at now.
They're only $10 people, so don't be stingy and buy me the damn thing. You know, if you love me. Which I know you do~
Also, If anyone's feeling particularly gracious, I'd like to have the Sakihokoro Hana no Yo ni/Kabuki BOIZ single.
That's all. Love ya~